Junior Training Booking During Social Distancing
From Monday 1st June 2020, Minster Cricket Club will be re-starting socially distanced junior training sessions in line with the ECB's recently released guidance. Training will take place in groups of just two children at a time, and strict social distancing rules must be observed at all times.
We have set up a calendar on the App TimeTree, specifically to organise these slots. Please note - parents must NOT add, remove or change anything on this app, and instead sessions need to be booked through Kai Appleby who will manage the calendar so that everyone can see the schedule. Please do not share details of this calendar with people outside the club.
Please book your sessions by contacting Kai Appleby on 07384119461
Any queries relating to any of this, please contact Callum Hughes on 07881537716
Key Features of Training - Please read carefully
- Each training session will consist of a maximum of two children and one coach. You are advised to contact parents of kids that you may know and arrange a suitable time slot between you. If you would like contact details for a specific parent, please contact Callum Hughes. If you do not necessarily have a "buddy" in mind, then individual bookings can be made and we can pair kids up ourselves. Please note that children should be paired in a roughly similar ability as they will be batting and bowling at each other.
- Strict social distancing rules to be adhered to at all times - these will be explained more on the day but the 2m rule we have all been adhering to must be observed at all times. Hands must be cleaned with the provided hand sanitiser both before and after sessions. Cricket balls, and plastic equipment for soft ball players will be disinfected by the coaches before and after each session. IMPORTANT - for hard ball players kit MUST NOT be shared. If you do not have your own protective equipment, you will not be able to participate in hard ball training until you do.
- In line with government guidance, anyone showing symptoms should be isolating and therefore must not attend training.
- If you cannot attend a session, please inform your coach as soon as possible (contact details listed below).
- Sessions can be booked each hour on the hour, and will last for 45 minutes. This gives coaches chance to clean equipment in between sessions and have a short break. Available time slots and coaches can be seen on the TimeTree app.
- Soft ball sessions - to make it easier with managing equipment, and due to specific coach availability, soft ball sessions have been put on specific days/evenings. Again, please see calendar for details.
- Maximum of 2x 45 minute sessions per child per week. The most important thing is that we give each and every child the opportunity to play some cricket. This may be subject to change (either up or down) once we have a better idea on demand.
- Finally, we are obviously trying something like this for the first time ever so please bear with us. We have no idea if we have too many sessions or not enough, whether we have enough soft ball sessions, how well it's going to work, whether the calendar app will work well etc. etc. But we will make any necessary adjustments as we go in everybody's best interests. Please remember all of our coaches are volunteers and we are setting this up to provide some cricket to the juniors of Minster Cricket Club.
Thanks very much everyone, we are looking forward to seeing everybody soon.
Callum Hughes - 07881537716
Kai Appleby - 07384119461
Jamie Phillips - 07775445565
Riki Ashwell - 07465697041
Harry Smedley - 07523326603